Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Let's Go to The Ex!


The CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) is another childhood/teenagerhood/nowhood tradition of mine that I was excited to share with Rowen.  I've been going to the CNE when it comes to town almost every year of my entire life....  I still call it the "CNE" even though a few years ago they started trying to make it hip and cool by calling it "The Ex".  

I have so many fond CNE memories over the years!  My big ass bear that my Uncle won for me when I was 2...which stayed with me until a few years ago.  Getting so sick with Dave and Annie that year we went on the Tilt-a-Whirl too many times.  All the Tiny Toms Donuts, Superdogs Dog Shows, crazy cat lady Cat Shows... man oh man!

Anyhow, tonight we went to the CNE with Rowen after her late afternoon nap.  Just a quickie visit for dinner at THE FOOD BUILDING.  My happy place.  Just one of the best places on Earth, really.  The Food Building, if you've never been (why?  go already!) is truly amazing.  Imagine a mall food court multiplied by 50 and with delicious foods of every style you could want!  And all kinds of crazy deep-fried items (deep fried Twinkie!) and everything wrapped in bacon.

Just taking in the sights and playing with my foot, no biggie.


 We met up with Auntie Ange!  Roasted Corn on the Cob Cheers!


Perogies from the GOOD perogies stand.  I wait all year for these!!
The stand with the amazing onion-krauty-greasy-delicious special sauce and sour cream for free.  Not like the crappy rip-off plain boring perogies stand, ick.  Do not go to the crappy perogies stand!



Tiny Toms, a CNE tradition. 
I hope that Rowen does not inherit my sweet tooth/donut love.  


Lowell and his Hot Waffle Ice Cream

City off in the distance...
Kinda cool being able to walk to the CNE this year.  It was stormy and gloomy all day but we missed the rain.  

1 comment:

  1. first photo is so cute :)

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!