Thursday, August 4, 2011

Whoa. Ultrasounds are strange.

Today we met Kittenheart "in person" for the first time.



I'm not an overly emotional person, but it was pretty darn cool when the ultrasound tech said "There's its little hand" and Lowell goes "It's high-fiving us!"... Pretty darn cool.


It's totally cheesy but I'm mesmerized by its little face. Eyes, nose, mouth... it's all there already! Clearly Kittenheart has Lowell's nose because I have a flat non-existent nose in profile. The sciencey-techy part of me likes seeing the wee little brain, heart and stomach too. Pretty darn cool!


"Crown to rump" length was 66mm. I still have to confirm this with my Doc at the next appointment, but I believe I just lost 2 days off the pregnancy (yeah!) and might need to make a new "ticker".
We went in being "12 weeks and 4 days" according to the numbers, but the tech dated us at "12 weeks and 6 days" after measuring Kittenheart, who by the way, was wiggly, somersaulting and THOROUGHLY uncooperative throughout the whole procedure.
The stubborness and lack of cooperation is kinda cute now when its a flip-flopping bean on the screen... but yeah, get that out of your system now, Little One. Please and thank-you!

1 comment:

Share your thoughts!