Friday, October 21, 2011

Judgey wudgey was a bear


I've had 3 coffee-related beverages this week. Two soy lattes (one from Si and one from Broadview Espresso) and one shitty delicious Tim Horton's coffee. I normally have no more than one coffee or lattes every week or two... but this week, I reverted to my old ways. Well, kinda. I used to drink 3 or 4 coffees a day... so one a day (or every 7 to 10 days) really ain't so bad.

I also ate soft cheese and a raw spicy scallop handroll (not together, duh). My Doc is cool and assures me that all of that stuff, while it should be avoided in large quantities is fine in careful moderation. It's ultimately my personal choice and I should just exercise the same precautions I would when not pregnant. I.e. Don't eat sketchy smelly sushi and maybe don't eat an entire wheel of Camembert because, knocked up or not, it will give you the runs.

I felt guilty about all this but I remember that I am taking my vitamins, trying to eat generally healthy and a bit o' caffeine is technically accepetable. Then the other night, I was leaving the subway and there was another knocked up lady waddling up the stairs ahead of me. She was hugely pregnant though and I was all "Good for her, not taking the elevator!"

Sidenote: Has anyone been to the Walmer exit at Spadina station lately??? What's with the steepest bizillion flights of stairs ever?

Anyway, we reach the great outdoors and she stops pretty much immediately in the doorway and lights up a cigarette. Gross. Suddenly, I was the judgey fellow pregnant lady like the one scowling at me for ordering a latte earlier the same day.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a jerk for judging. I'm pretty sure my reason was better though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!