Thursday, October 6, 2011

Don't mess with me Pt 2: Shut up, Loud Neighbours

Update from previous entry: I am now full on sick with a cold. I feel like crap. I'm annoyed at myself for finally succumbing to this cold that's been going around for weeks. So why am I awake now at 4:01 a.m.?

Our lovely neighbours decided they were going to have a Wednesday night party. Hey, whatever, they're young and probably don't have class or work until late in the day. I don't have to go to work until 4 p.m. myself so party on, who cares? Except they were being fucking loud on their patio... Which faces onto the echo-ey echo-ey courtyard that we all share. I kept trying to sleep through their music and loud talking and drunken sing-a-longs and then I finally had enough and made Lowell call the front desk. That of course didn't do anything so after laying there fuming for 15 more minutes, I got dressed and went to confront them myself. Normally I may have just let it go and tried to sleep through it... but being sick and cranky and maybe pregnant and protective too made me spring into action. For some reason, the song that pushed me over the edge was Hello Time Bomb.

I get dressed in a huff... Lowell scrambles to put clothes on too. I insist that I don't need his help but knew he was spying on looking out for me from our front door (Poor Lowell... ready to do damage control as his mouthy moody pregnant girlfriend barrels into the hallway to confront drunk frat boys ay 3a.m.) I knock on the jackass neighbour door. No answer. I knock again more agressively. I see shadows in the peephole and hear whispering. No answer. I say out loud "Hi, I can see you through your peephole". No answer. I say "I'm not going away..." and finally Mr. Ryerson University in his little short sleeve collared button down and khaki shorts opens the door.

I say something along the lines of "Hello, I'm your neighbour and I don't mean to be an ass, but it's very late... I'm pregnant and sick and have to go to work in a few hours (yeah, I lied) and your music is very loud." I was completely passive aggressive and patronizing throughout our brief conversation ("Don't get me wrong man, I love me some old Matt Good too... just maybe not at 3a.m.) and he was completely over the top and insincere with his apology ("I'm very, very sorry we got you out of bed but thank you for coming and speaking to me yourself instead of involving security or the police") but the end result was that they turned off the music and took the party indoors. And I felt vindicated and was quite smug about how I handled the situation. And now I sit awake and still unable to sleep because I'm congested, achey and feel like ass. But I'm doing this in silence and it's just lovely.

YOU'RE WELCOME, other neighbours who wouldn't go deal with the situation but were no doubt annoyed too unless you are deaf or retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!